- The Discover Alaska lecture, “Among Wolves: Gordon Haber’s insights into Alaska’s most misunderstood animal,” will feature co-author of “Among Wolves” Marybeth Holleman at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, in the Murie Building auditorium.
- Music in the Garden will feature Leighton and the Loners. Originally from Louisiana, Leighton has been living, picking and writing original songs in his handmade log cabin in Ester since late last century. The show will begin at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 10, in the Georgeson Botanical Gardens. Due to construction, the garden has limited parking space. Please park on West Ridge.
- The Magical Mondays program, a series of hands-on science demonstrations for kids and their families, will look at “Planetarium Show: The solar system and beyond.” Nate Murphy, post-doctoral fellow at the Geophysical institute, will lead the activities beginning at 7 p.m. Monday, July 14, in 201 Reichardt Building.
- The Healthy Living Lecture on Tuesday, July 15, will review “Injury Prevention and Crash Dynamics” with Angela Davis, an emergency medical technician and child passenger safety technician instructor. The lecture begins at 7 p.m. in the Murie Building auditorium.
- On Wednesday, June 25, during the Discover Alaska Lecture, Susan Willsrud, director at the Calypso Farm and Ecology Center, will talk about “Growing Vegetables and New Farmers in Interior Alaska.” The lecture begins at 7 p.m. in the Murie Building auditorium.
For more information, visit http://www.uaf.edu/summer/events or call 474-7021.