The 2014 Alaska Nanooks Hockey Fan Fest will celebrate the start of the season from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014, at the Patty Center. The event is free.
“Fan Fest is a fun, interactive event for all ages of Nanooks fans to come help Alaska hockey kick off the season,” Head Coach Dallas Ferguson said. “Alaska hockey has some of the greatest fans in college hockey, and Fan Fest is a great way to connect our fans with the student athletes. We are looking forward to a great event on Sept. 13!”
Fans will meet the players, coaches and staff while enjoying games and activities in the Patty Center gymnasium. There will also be a “Skate with the Nanooks” session at the Patty ice arena where 24 fans will be selected to test their puck shooting skills against an Alaska Nanooks goaltender.
Here are other activities at Fan Fest:
- Disc jockey VMAXX will provide music throughout Fan Fest.
- Enjoy face painting with Grandma Nanook Peggy Birkenbuel.
- Get a picture with the Nanook Bears.
- Sit with the Voice of the Nanooks, Bruce Cech.
- Bring skates to test your skills on a 4-foot by 8-foot sheet of synthetic ice.
- Learn more about the Face-Off Booster Club and sign up as a member.
- Experience putting on goalie gear.
- If you’re a kid, play some box hockey.
- View the Governor’s Cup trophy on display.
- Enter raffles from UAF and the community.
For fans interested in season ticket packages for the upcoming season, the Patty Center ticket office, located in the lobby, will be open and available to get you set for the 2014-15 regular season.
This is Alaska’s second season as a member of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association.